Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Please, step away from the earpiece...


Fun Fact #4584

Continuing to wear your blue tooth ear piece while not using it, makes people think you're a complete tool.


Seriously, take those fucking things off if you're not using them. Do you really think you're so fucking important that a call may come that you have to answer immediately at any moment? No one's that important. Doctors aren't that important, policemen aren't that important, and I guaran-damn-tee you, stereo salesmen at Best Buy aren't that important.

Do you think it's some sort of status symbol? Well let me be the first to tell you it's not. This may be a big shock to you, dude in cheap business suit eating big mac at McDonalds, but cell phones stopped being a status symbol when they started selling them at truck stops.

Until the day they're surgically implanting consumer grade technology into our bodies, that little blinking plastic cancer magnet makes you look like a cyber douche bag.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun Fact: Cell phones were initially marketed to truck drivers. MCI started as an alternative to AT&T , so truckers and their families, who needed a cheaper more convenient way to stay in contact with each other. So, they've been trucker fashion since day one.

Terrorist like them, too. Maybe the blue tooth people are terrorists?

Nick Gibbons said...

Why is everything out of your head a lie Dicky?

Anonymous said...

I can't agree more. It is ridiculo... hang on, I have to take this call.

Nick Gibbons said...

I was waiting for you to chime in Sam. You used to do this about 5 years ago. I'm not sure if you still do, I hope not, because then I would have to beat my kids.