Thursday, March 20, 2008

Done!

I hesitated to say anything to anyone about what I have been doing for over a month now, because I'm extremely superstitious when it comes to talking about projects that haven't happened yet. Now that I'm done I can tell all you guys that for the past 5 weeks I've been working for Matt Maiellaro, one of the creators of Aqua Teen Hunger Force, at the actual studio that animates the show. I'm a huge Aqua Teen fan, so this was a dream come true.

I met with the guys that run the studio 6 weeks ago just for a meet and greet type thing. They were/are super nice, very talented, and a lot of fun. They watched some of my pieces while I was there and really seemed to like them. They said there was no work for me right now, but they would definitely keep me in mind for future projects. That was on a Tuesday. That Friday they called me on speaker phone with Matt M. and asked me if I could animate an entire music video in a month. I said sure, not really sure if I could or not. The following Monday Matt gave me a page of typed stuff that he wanted to happen in the video, I sat down in front of a cintiq and started animating using just Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. They have Flash and After Effects at the studio, but I never bothered learning those programs.

I worked 9 hours a day 6 days a week for 5 weeks on the 3 minute and 40 second piece. Matt M. and Craig, one of the owners of the studio, would peek at it from time to time and give me encouragement. I can't stress enough how great these guys are and how welcome they have made me feel.

I finally finished the music video this week. I'm not sure when I'll be able to post it in my blog, but I will as soon as I can. It turned out pretty good. My drawing skills leave a lot to be desired, but even with my crappy art, the video looks pretty nice. I haven't seriously drawn for a really long time, so when this project popped up I was really freaked out. On one hand it was for a studio and person that I would kill to work for, and on the other if I did a bad job I could ruin any chance to work with these guys on future projects. All is good and they really liked the final product. Matt said the band loves it, so at the end of the day that is really all that matters.

I'll post pictures of the St. Patty's day thing when I get them. Happy Easter to all the rabbits that read my blog.

PS
I farted today and it sounded like an oboe playing a perfect C note.

4 comments:

tom said...

I wanna hear more about these flatulence! I demand it!

Anonymous said...

Way to go little Nickle's Tit Tit!!

Did an orchestra start to play, or a choir begin to sing once you gave them the correct key?

Can you tell us the band you did the video for, too, or is that a trade secret?...

M. E. Davis said...

(farts+cartoons)blog=PERFECTION!

Anonymous said...

Gratz, my little Nickleless. That is certainly impressive. Glad to hear you did well on your music video. Love ya!