Monday, February 11, 2008

E-mail and Blogs are Dangerous

How many people out there have gotten into ridiculous fights because an e-mail, comment, or blog entry was misread by someone. Maybe that someone added a "tone" or "meaning" that wasn't intentionally meant to be there in the first place? Please raise your hand.

E-mail, blogs, and comments are a dangerous thing. People tend to add a sense of weight and emotion to stuff people write inside the internets. They then feel empowered to add their two cents because of the anonymity created by the wide wonderful web. I've been in so many flame wars on this damn thing that I'm starting to have cyber flashbacks.

I'm done. I'm sick of people taking a completely harmless statement that had no ill will or bad intent and turning it into a twisted knife of insult. People project their own "hidden" meanings into stuff because we all internalize everything we hear or read like a mother fucker. I'm to old to get mad at someone I know for the fact that they just mistook something I wrote or are blowing something way out of proportion.

From now on if anyone gets mad at me because of the above mentioned transgression, I'm just going to be as nice as possible in my response. I'm to old to make enemies nor do I want to. I need every friend I can get in this world and I want to be friends with everyone. Of course if I send a nice e-mail they will just take it as sarcastic, so I'm fucked no mater what.

On a different note, Comcast internet connection sucks big sweaty poop covered donkey balls. There's no other way to read that, I hope.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... Don't worry, Nicky, I never take anything you say very seriously - except for that Comcast sucks donkey balls part, because there really is only one way to take that...

Anonymous said...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT! YOU BASTARD!

Nick Gibbons said...

Up yours Sam.

Anonymous said...

Aww, you're sweet. (unless I misunderstood that)

Anonymous said...

I'm so upset right now that I don't think I can finish this comment..