Thursday, February 7, 2008

Don't Die!

I did this sketch a couple times in a show called "Blackout" at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater.

I actually was able to shoot two sketches today, and this wasn't the one I originally wanted to post today, but it fell together faster.

There's some dude on You Tube that said he was getting tired of the drawn backgrounds in my sketches. I disagree. It's called a "look". I guess this dude must hate cartoons.

I wrote a sketch this morning that's sort of a goof on the first "Saw" movie. It's really a basic sketchy sketch, not breaking new ground, but I think its cute. Basically I'm asking what you guys think. I'm not sure if I want to shoot it because it's pop culturey and the "Saw" movies have already been made fun of a lot. It's only like 2 minutes long though.

So leave me a comment and vote yes or no and I'll decide based on how many votes I get. Since only like 5 of you guys leave comments, it should be a tight race.

4 comments:

danimal said...

Nick,

You're doing awesome stuff since the move. Keep it up and don't let the bastards get you down!

Dan

Anonymous said...

The thing that impresses me the most is how well all these actors work together in each scene.

I literally lol on the first comeback from the dead. Hilarious to see someone doing the shout after someone dies, then it gets interrupted. Funny. However, after that it was all predictabel. I could tell what was gong to happen after that.

Keep up the good work. Exercise those comedy muscles.

Anonymous said...

Go ahead and make the damn Saw sketch. I've never seen the movies, so I can watch your version, and it'll give me topics of conversation the next time I find myself in another damn "have you seen Saw" conversation...Thanks

Anonymous said...

1. The guy who doesn't like your backgrounds is an effing moron. I love them and my opinion matters more. Besides, what else are you going to do with that box of 72 crayons that you've had since 2nd grade?
2. All of your skits make me laugh out loud, does that make me your number one fan? maybe your number one stalker?
3. Do the Saw skit. I didn't see any of those movies either and I'm sure I'll like yours better than the original.

(The wisemen is my favorite so far.) I'm glad you're keeping busy in Atlanta.