Thursday, September 6, 2007

I can rest for a second

The big time show was last night and I sincerely want to thank everyone that came out. I was super nervous. From what I can gathered, the show went really well. I kind of blacked out on stage and when I woke up the show was over. My wife said I did really good, and she never pulls any punches with stuff like this, so I'm apt to believe her.

I'm a typical performer at heart, so of coarse all I could focus on was the fact that I forgot some lines and broke character a couple of times. Nancy kept yelling at me to focus on the fact that I just did a great show and that nobody on earth but me and her knew I forgot some lines. She's right, but it is still tough to get out of your head about those little things.

I really want to do the show more, I think it could get smoother and better every time I do it. If I got any kind of a run at a theater I plan on putting Velcro in all my costumes, so I can change faster and not have that be a big focus of the show. I have to get in and out of costumes on stage as I say lines at the same time. It's like chewing gum and walking, impossible.

I plan on writing a new vacation blog today, so get ready for the further adventures of Gibbons and Crowder.

Thanks again, and keep your fingers crossed for more shows.

2 comments:

Nick Gibbons said...

Looks like you had a great trip, can't wait to see how it turned out.

Nick Gibbons said...

Sorry Nick I commented on the wrong blog entry.