Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cabaret in the Frey

We're doing a big time awesome Night-OH-Cabaret on Oct. 20th, and it's always confused me why we never sell this show completely out. Hell, sometimes we do it and hardly anyone shows up. We've tried everything from paying hundreds of dollars on an ad in the Observer, to plastering posters all over Dallas. Nothing has ever really helped us get a ton of people there. It's always a great show and seems to really be a big hit with the people who do come out.

Maybe not doing it every week or doing it so sporadically is a bad thing. We've argued for hours about why more people don't show up. I swear it's the funniest thing going on in Dallas at any given time. It's always different and yet has enough familiarity to please new comers as well as die hard fans.

I did something for the show last week that I should have done a long time ago. I started the show it's own My Space page. I know that sounds retarded, but I really feel it's a great way to keep the show in front of people so they remember that it's coming up. If you haven't gotten a friend request and you want to ask to be friends with the show the address is:

http://www.myspace.com/nightohcabaret

Please befriend the show, it gets lonely. I also had the idea to make a couple insane 30 second commercials for the show and start sending them all over the place in Dallas. Try to get a viral ad campaign going on in the metroplex, so when you get the e-mail with the commercial, please send it to all your friends at work. That's the point at least. I worked in an office too, I now all people do all day is e-mail funny videos back and forth.

At any rate, I hope all my Dallas peeps come to the show and help spread the word around town.



See ya at the SHOW!!!!!!

No comments: