Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sheepless in Seattle

After checking out downtown Seattle and grabbing a bite at a Cajun restaurant, (Seattle is known for it's amazing Cajun cuisine) we drove back to Aaron's new house to get some sleep. At this point, Nancy and me have been up for 20 hours. Aaron later told me that my eyes were totally bloodshot and I had a silly grin on my face all evening that wouldn't go away.

Here is our lovely host on his lovely staircase. Lovely.



The next day it was raining, which I hear is very unusual for this part of the country. We decided to check out some indoor activities until the rain let up. We went to the SAM, Seattle Art Museum. Parking was a bitch; it took us forever to find a weight-baring stud to hang the car from.



We made some friends in the kiddy area, molested them, and then played with their puppets.



You weren't supposed to take pictures in the museum. Here is a picture of one of the exhibits. It was a robe made of dog tags. Somewhere there are thousands of dogs looking for their tags.



The rain stopped and so Aaron took us to this park called the Gasworks. I told Nancy, "With me AND Aaron in the same place, every where we go is the Gasworks." She was not amused. Here is a big rusty thing that was at the park. I kept waiting to get shot by a character from a post-apocalyptic first person shooter.



Aaron told us we weren't supposed to eat the dirt at the park because it was radioactive, but by that time I already had two handfuls swallowed.



Then it was time for hugs all around.





Here I am proudly standing atop an ol' Ingersoll-Rand machine. Remember the old Ingersoll-Rand machines from when you were a kid? Ah, memories.



There must have been a shift in the space-time continuum, because some medieval knights showed up. Did I say shift in the space-time continuum? I meant a shift in the nerd-dork continuum.



Next we went to the docks and saw a neighborhood completely made up of boats that were actually houses.



Here are some of the cuter ones. I thought it would be totally awesome to live in one of these when Nancy and I retired. Then I realized that it would, in fact, suck every dick in the world to live in one of these tiny floating barnacle covered sinkable stupid boxes.




Next Aaron and me raped the shit out of whatever this thing is.



OK, I gotta go to bed, more vacation soon.

No comments: