Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Fast Paced?

Been reading a lot of job descriptions lately and they all seem to have one thing in common. Besides being completely unrealistic in their "requirements", I mean Jesus wouldn't qualify for some of these job's. They all need you to be able to work in a "Fast Paced" environment.

I'm not sure what that means exactly. I keep picturing everyone in the office wearing headbands and jogging short as they run from the copier to a meeting to the coffee break room then to another meeting. I've had plenty of deadlines in my time, but I can honestly say I don't know if I've ever worked in a fast paced environment.

I think I'm going to add that to my resume:

"Nick Gibbons is extremely fast paced. None of his prior employers can even describe what he looks like because all they ever saw was a blur, then his work was completed on his desk."

OK, gotta get back to writing with a healthy dose of Guitar Hero thrown in for inspiration.

No comments: