Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Full Deck

I'm extremely tunnel visioned when it comes to projects I start, almost to the point of OCD. It's been raining for two days causing the construction of the deck to grind to a hault. It's driving me crazy.

Here is the state the deck is in right now, minus the water:








I want to get out there and screw some wood onto those freaking posts!

I keep looking out the window and checking to see if my posts are OK, like a nervous father when his children are playing in the backyard alone for the first time. I get a sense of pride as I see my brave little solders all standing at attention. Nothing falters them, not even the pounding rain. They stand up straight, waiting to support their dads weight on hot summer nights. Stay ever vigilant my little ones, your time will come.

UPDATE:
Got this at Home Depot this morning, daddy's first power tool.

The rain let up and I was able to cut the 4 inch pieces of 2"x4" needed for the deck. AT&T guy called and said he was on his way. We are ditching Comcrap and getting AT&T because they are leaps and bounds better. Weeeeeeee!

No comments: