Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lost but not Forgotten

I'm having a bit of a bad day mentally speaking. Just feeling a bit down in the dumps, whoa is me, blah blah blah. I'll get over myself soon enough and get back on track.

At any rate I went home from work to have a little alone time and get myself out of my mental funk. I'm editing a demo real of some of my projects and I came across the old episodes of Space Zones. The first episode is a little slow, but I fucking laughed my balls off at the second one. There are so many stupidly funny moments. I hadn't watched them in a long time. I made them for Channel 102 in New York with some of my improv buddies, but they didn't get selected that time around.

The big guy in the cowboy hat is Will McLaughlin, he's is a great improv performer and you've seen him in tons of commercials. The Commander is Rich Sommer, he is currently on that great show Mad Men, he is a great actor and a super sweet guy. Charlie Sanders is Dark Phaser. Charlie is another great improv and comedy performer. My good friend Eli Newell is also in the episode, Eli and Charlie are always appearing in sketches on the Conan O'Brien Show. I was so lucky to be friends with such a great and talented group of performers while in New York.

This really did cheer me up. If you have never seen it before I embedded the second and best of the two episodes below, enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was hillarious! I forgot how funny that shit is. You should make more of those... NOW!

Anonymous said...

Many of your friends, myself included, think Space Zones is one of your finest moments. For me, it's a tie between SZ and The FNGR.

I really like them Space Zones, my buddy!