Thursday, November 20, 2008

Cracking the Pandora Code

I did it folks, after years of trying I cracked the Pandora code. If you haven't found the website http://pandora.com/ yet, it's really cool. It's a great way to listen to music at work. You type in a group you like and it plays music that "sounds like" that band. So far I've had spotty results. It's usually good about 63% of the time.

After trying to get the perfect station I finally did it. If you like indy mod sort of Britishy rock this is the best thing going. Type in "The Strokes" as the band and you will be treated to a barrage of awesome music including the Killers, Weezer, Arctic Monkeys, Radiohead, Muse, Modest Mouse and tons of other great groups. You have the option of skipping a song if you don't like it and I can honestly say I have never skipped a song on this station. And the best part is there are no commercials or DJs.

I haven't been working this week which always depresses me. I hate not being able to bring money into the household. I've been trying to network like crazy, to get some contacts in the writing world. It seems as if the evil fingers of this horrible recession have gripped the entertainment industry as well. People aren't looking to hire any new fresh raw talent. BTW talent is best raw, with a little wasabi.

To pass the time and try to get a more up to date writing sample I just finished the first draft of a "My Name is Earl" spec script. A spec script has to be of a current show in production. You write it in an attempt to get an agent. The script shows that you can write a show in the voice of that show. It won't ever get made and they tell you not to write a script for a show you actually want to work on.

At any rate it's pretty much done, all I have to do is tighten a couple screws and polish the chrome. It's my third spec script. They are hard to write, because you know that nothing will ever happen with it. Unless you get an agent out of it. If any of you can suggest a good agency to send my sample to please e-mail me.

I think I'll make another video today to pass the time. I love you guys. Except you. You creep my shit out.

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

Wow, thanks for the tip on Pandora - I'm obsessed with Interpol, so,uh, yummy. Designer imposters radio. If you like Giorgio of Beverly Hills, you'll lurve Yellow Striped Awning.

Good luck getting work. I'm getting a bit tetchy about work my ownself. I may be closing the doors on Rita's House of Domination, Poodle Parlour and Chainsaw Repair. Things could get ugly. May have to get a . Can't say it - one of those ugly 3-letter words that start with "j"