Thursday, November 6, 2008

Album Cover

I've been working for months on the artwork for my buddy's new album. It's sort of been a real pain in the ass, but he paid me so that took a little of the pain away. Money is like the Advil of the working world.

Anyway I heard a couple cuts off the very soon to be released album while I was in Dallas and it sounds great. He has a full 16 piece band on this one. As if that wasn't cool enough, he does a Cure cover. That's worth the price of admission by itself.

I thought I'd post the cover for all to see. He is having the release party/concert this coming November 15th at the Lakewood Theater in Dallas, and no he didn't even ask me to plug it, I did it all on my own.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and fortunately its also the night of my biggest show this year..:(

Nick Gibbons said...

You drew stuff that's on the inside cover of the album, so in a way Ricki's show is 0.0001% your show as well. You have two shows that night it would seem.

Anonymous said...

3 shows, I'm in a group show across town at the Soda Gallery, too. The 50/50 show. I dare someone to make all 3 shows in one night. It can be done...

Anonymous said...

Put me down to buy a copy of Ricki's albumum! I will buy it and love it!

P.S. I meant to use this joke when you had the root canal: Nick, what time is it? Tooth-hurty!