Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Seriously, dude... seriously

I'm grabbing all my blog readers by their collar, all 5 of you, and pulling you dramatically to me. Our noses are inches away as I stare into your eyes with a desperate gaze. I grit my teeth and say, "I'm begging ya man, help me get some work!"

Tightening my grip on your shirt I shake you for effect. You uncomfortably look away from my piercing stare. I raise my hand forcing your head to turn slightly, reconnecting or eyes. You can hear the immediacy in my voice as I plead, "Seriously, dude, you have got to know of someone, heard about something, anything. I just need a little help to get some work man." My cadence is strong and fearless.

I let go of you, sinking your tip toed stance back into its normal full foot/floor contact. You step back, shaken by my emotional plea. Rubbing your forearm you nervously search your mind, thinking, reaching back for something. You want to say something that might placate my needs. But don't.

All the times before when I asked, you dismissed me with the normal conversational formalities. You would automatically, almost dismissively, utter, "Yeah yeah man, I'll see if I can find anything or hear anything." Then you would go back to your self absorbed daily grind. I'm not condemning you for this. I do the same thing hundreds of times a day. We all do. It's our nature to want to please people with empty sentiment.

I'm am asking you all to break from the natural human need to appease everyone with empty promises. There are a lot of you out there that know me. You know that I am smart and talented. You know I can do a lot of different things. All I am asking is for you to take a second, think about it, and see if you know of somebody who may be looking for someone.

Just thought I'd ask for some work leads in as entertaining a way as I could. Thanks internet friends. BTW I'm looking for writing, editing, acting or production work in the Atlanta area, but will pretty much take anything at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This topic is simply matchless :), very much it is pleasant to me.

Anonymous said...

Logically, I agree